- Practice talking to employers in a non-pressured atmosphere
- Discover new career paths for your major
- Balance a small plate of food while networking
- Employers from these industries: government, social services, business, financial services, medical research, internships, technical fields, and more.
Adrienne Jablonski has let us know of some upcoming career related events at OU:
Here are a few other career events coming up. Please pass along to your students.
- February 23, OU Multicultural Fair, Kerr McGee Stadium Club, 12;30-4:00 p.m.
- The College of Arts and Sciences will host a Professional Networking Reception for A&S students on Wednesday, February 29 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. at Beaird Lounge, OMU. This free event is a great opportunity for students who are looking for an internship or are graduating and job seeking to connect with employers who are hiring. Light refreshments will be served.
- For other career workshops and events: http://cas.ou.edu/career-development
Adrienne also asked us to let you know that Chesapeake Energy will be at the networking reception on February 29th and they specifically said they wanted to meet with math majors!
If you’re thinking about getting a job or summer internship, you should contact Adrienne about going to these events. She can also help you get your resume and interviewing skills in good shape.
Friend of the blog, Adrienne Jablonski in Dean Bell’s office, let us know of a great opportunity to work on your networking skills. It is a chance to meet a group of employers who are all looking to hire people for careers and internships.
The College of Arts and Sciences will host a Professional Networking Reception for A&S students on at the Fred Jones Museum of Art. This free event is a great opportunity for students who are graduating and job seeking to connect with employers who are hiring. There will also be opportunities for non-graduating students to learn about internship opportunities. Light refreshments will be served. Details are in the invitation below. Please send this message and attachment to your students.
This intimate event will showcase employers from a variety of fields including: financial services, sales, retail, law enforcement, technology, and more.
— Adrienne Jablonski
Whether you’re thinking about careers, internships, grad school, or <fill in the blank>, it is an important skill to be able to comfortably talk with a wide range of people in a professional setting. It’s definitely worth going!
Contact Adrienne Jablonski if you have questions or would like help getting ready for the event.