Now is the time of year when you should be figuring out what you’re doing next. Adrienne Jablonski has let us know of internships for math folks.
One is at Friend of the Math Club, MSCI:
“Operations Analyst – Custodian Operations (Seasonal)”
ABOUT MSCI Inc. (www.msci.com)
MSCI Inc. is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. MSCI products and services include indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools.
The company’s flagship product offerings are: the MSCI indices which include over 120,000 daily indices covering more than 70 countries; Barra portfolio risk and performance analytics covering global equity and fixed income markets; RiskMetrics market and credit risk analytics; ISS out-sourced proxy research, voting and vote reporting services; CFRA forensic accounting risk research, legal/regulatory risk assessment, and due-diligence; and FEA valuation models and risk management software for the energy and commodities markets. MSCI is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
We are currently seeking a Temporary Custodian Operations Analyst professional to join our Governance Organization in Normal, Oklahoma for a period of 6 to 7 months.
For more information about careers with Argo, go here.
- Monitor the processes by which information and data are added to or exported from production systems through electronic data feeds and other media.
- Maintain data to ensure quality of mission critical information using both proprietary applications and commonly used business software applications.
- Monitor key performance indicators to ensure the integrity of assigned data management areas.
- Work with account managers and client on boarding to ensure that required client data is received in a timely and high quality manner.
- Ensure comprehensive audit trails are in place for data that is received from or sent to production systems.
- Monitor quality control metrics to identify potential data issues and taking ownership of resolution for all issues that are identified.
- Support development of training documentation and systems to support growing team
In addition to the above team responsibilities, the following activities are representative of the Temporary Custodian Operations Analyst functions:
- Procure and process custodian account information to meet desired turn-around goals
- Develop and refine relationship with Custodian banks
- Single POC for all assigned custodian specific inquiries
- Responsible for operations specific Key Performance Indicators
- Timely resolution of workflow related processes and internal questions
- Perform Quality Assurance activities to ensure proper execution of assigned tasks
- Coordinate with account managers to resolve issue identified during Master Account List review cycles
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Team player and an excellent relationship builder
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Innovative, motivated, client-oriented and commercially-aware thinker
- Absolute personal and business integrity
We value quality, elegant implementation, teamwork, and especially product delivery. If you enjoy a high-energy, friendly and fun work environment, this is the place.
Title Internship – Analytical Sciences Developer
Location/Division Richardson, TX
Job Description BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
An ASG Developer implements mathematical models. This activity entails software design, development, testing, documentation, maintenance, evolution, and innovation. ASG Developers leverage a combination of mathematical skills and software development skills to produce innovative, enterprise-level analytical software.
Assist with the development of ARGO’s state of the art business applications. Responsibilities include testing, documenting and some programming of ARGO’s business solutions or productivity tools. Participate in full system life cycle of application functionalities that are vital to the automation of financial institution business processes.
• Work across departments to understand and document requirements
• Create design documents for new and existing development
• Ensure assigned functionality adheres to performance and development standards
• Prepare conceptual, detail and technical design documentation
• Quickly identify issues and provide resolutions
• Use quality assurance procedures to report defects and propose enhancements
• Develop leadership skills through accountability and team dynamics
• Work with teammates to achieve the highest quality, industry leading products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio, object oriented programming, unit testing, automation testing, and software reengineering is a plus.
• Experience with some of the technology stacks below:
• C, C++
• C#, .Net
• Able to produce and interpret design specifications and technical documentation.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Must have effective written and verbal business communication skills.
Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree plan in Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering (SE), or Mathematics.
Minimum GPA of 3.0 in core classes.
Employer seeks only applicants legally authorized to work in the U.S. and will not sponsor visa matters
ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation’s largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation’s top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.